Reform processes of the Statutes of Autonomy
After the adoption of the 17 autonomy statutes, which took place between 1979 and 1983, almost all of them have been modified. In accordance with Article 147.3 of the constitution, these reformasse realizande acuerdoconel procedure established in each of them and require the approval of the General Cuts through Organic law.
These changes have occurred in successive stages and, at all times, have had a purpose and motivacióndiferentes.
Were intended to anticipate the coincidence in dates for the holding of elections with other communities, as well as for the local elections, so that only affected an article in each of the statutes affected. Formalized through these modifications:
- Asturias. Act 3 / 1991 of 13 March
- Cantabria. Organic Law 7 / 1991 of 13 March
- Murcia. Organic Law 1 / 1991 of 13 March
- Valencian community. Organic Law 4 / 1991 of 13 March
- Castilla-La Stain. Organic Law 6 / 1991 of 13 March
- Extremadura. Organic Law 5 / 1991 of 13 March
- Madrid. Organic Law 2 / 1991 of 13 March
The modifications carried out during this period had greater prominence to incorporate the new texts enlargement of competence of communities formed by article 143 of the constitution, especially in healthcare and education. In the case of the Valencian V. reform meant to incorporate the competences transferred by the Organic Law 12 / 1982 (LOTRAVA). These modifications derived from Autonomic agreements signed on 28 February 1992 between government, the party Popular and the socialist party Laborer English:
- March. Organic Law 6 / 1994, 24 March
- . Asturias Organic Law 1 / 1994, 24 March
- Cantabria. Organic Law 2 / 1994, 24 March
- The Rioja. Act 3 / 1994, 24 March
- Murcia. Organic Law 4 / 94, 24 March
- V. Valenciana. Organic Law 5 / 1994, 24 March
- Castilla-La Stain. Organic Law 7 / 1994, 24 March
- Extremadura. Organic Law 8 / 1994, 24 March
- Illes Balears. Organic Law 9 / 1994 of 24 March
- Madrid. Organic Law 10 / 1994, 24 March
- Catillano and Lion. Organic Law 11 / 1994, 24 March
The modifications carried out during this period had a higher meaning, both for enlargement amounted competence as institutional changes. In the case of Canarian incorporating the competencies was transferred by the Organic Law 11 / 1982 (LOTRACA).
- . Asturias Organic Law 1 / 1999, of 5 January
- Cantabria. Organic Law 11 / 1998 of 30 December
- The Rioja. Organic Law 2 / 1999 of 17 January
- Murcia. Organic Law 1 / 1998 of 15 June
- . March Organic Law 5 / 1996 of 30 December
- Castilla-La Stain. Act 3 / 1997 of 3 July
- Canary Islands. Organic Law 4 / 1996 of 30 December
- . Navarre Organic Law 1 / 2001 of 26 March
- Extremadura. Organic Law 12 / 1999, 6 May
- Illes Balears. Act 3 / 1999 of 8 January
- Madrid. Organic Law / 1998, 7 July
- Catillano and Lion. Organic Law 4 / 1999 of 8 January
The new system of financing the Autonomous Communities and the assignment of taxes (I. mainly Income Individuals, I. Added value, I. Heritage, I. Succession and Donations, I. Transfer of property and Legal Acts Documented) led to a new process of reforms of the statutes of the 15 Communities with common funding regime for adaptation to under the law 21 / 2001 of 27 December. These modifications were limited to paragraph affected by the new system of assignment of tributes, in each of the additional provisions of the statutes. Formalized through successive Laws 17 / 02 to 31 / 2002, of July 1, assignment of tributes of the state to each of the autonomous communities.
Since 2004 certain Autonomous Communities began reform processes of its statutes of autonomy. In most cases its content is very relevant and represents the adoption of new full texts, with special attention eincidencia in three areas:
- Enlargement and greater precision of competence
- The greater relevance of institutions
- The forecast of instruments of participation and cooperation with the state
To affect two Autonomous Communities formed by the path of Article 151, in particular Catalonia and Andalucian Marvel, the reformasde these two communities required a referendum approving the initial proposals of the respective parliaments autonomist and subsequently approved by the courts Generals.
- Valencian community. Organic Law 1 / 2006, 10 April.
- Catalonia. Organic Law 6 / 2006 of 19 July.
- Illes Balears. Organic Law 1 / 2007 of 28 February.
- Andalucian marvel. Organic Law 2 / 2007, dated March 19.
- . March Organic Law 5 / 2007 of 20 April.
- Catillano and Lion. Organic Law 14 / 2007 of 30 November.
- Navarre. Organic Law 7 / 2010 of 27 October.
- . Extremadura Organic Law 1 / 2011 of 28 January.